Easter Reopening for in Person Services
governor.wv.gov “Guidance for Religious Entities and Funeral Homes” Nov 12, 2020.
cdc.gov “Considerations for Communities of Faith” Dec 30, 2020.
- Keep everyone as safe as possible.
- Adhere to the layered approach to protection.
- Hand washing/sanitizing
- Worship together as safely as possible.
- Provide help where we can.
What members should do:
- Get fully vaccinated at least two weeks before coming to services if possible.
- Wear a mask if you are able.
- Family units sit together.
- Stay 6 feet from others if possible. Sit at ends of pew, skip a pew in between.
- No hand shaking, hugging or other physical contact.
- Sanitize your hands upon coming into the church.
- Don’t touch anything you don’t have to.
- Wash and sanitize your hands after going to the restroom. Only one family in restroom at a time.
- Sanitize your hands when leaving the church.
- Don’t congregate in Narthex before or after service. Weather permitting, please socialize outside.
- Don’t come, or leave immediately if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
What the church will do:
- Sanitize community areas (door handles, bathrooms etc).
- Provide masks/gloves if needed.
- Ushers will wear masks and gloves.
- Ushers will hold open doors etc when possible.
- No bulletins (we’ll show it on the screen).
- No hymnal use (Praise Team will do the music).
- No singing except the Praise Team (you can hum!)
- Mark off every other pew for separation.
- Praise Team singers and Kyle won’t be wearing masks, but they’ll be far away from folks.
- No snacks or other things easily touched by others.
- Take attendance so if contact tracing is necessary, we know your names.
- Communion service, when held, will use packaged elements.
- Continue to have online services for those who cannot attend in person.